RV Electrical Systems: A Basic Guide to Troubleshooting, Repairing and Improvement
For RVers who remain mystified by their RV’s electrical systems–120-volt alternating current (AC) and 12-volt direct current (DC)–this book is a godsend. It provides a better understanding of what electricity is and what it does.
This problem-solving reference answers questions such as: “Why do interior lights dim or burn out rapidly?” and, “Why won’t the batteries recharge after a night without electricity?” It tells you how to repair and improve electrical systems; how to troubleshoot faulty brakes, taillights, and “house” circuits; how to detect dangerous shorts, faulty grounds, inadequate connections, malfunctioning switches, dead battery cells, or current leakage; and much more.
This book could save your vacation, or even your life.
All you need to know about RV electricity, including:
- How to safely use a campground hookup.
- How to increase battery charging efficiency.
- How to take the pulse of your AC and DC electrical systems.
- How to recognize and correct dangerous wiring practices.
- How to troubleshoot electrical problems of all types.
- How to upgrade your RV from fuses to circuit breakers.
- How to calculate your electrical needs and upgrade your system to meet them.
- How to select the most effective components–batteries, alternator, regulator, coverter, charger, generator, solar panels.
- How to recognize phantom electrical loads that can drain your batteries.
Read the comments other people who bought the book had to say about RV Electrical Systems: A Basic Guide to Troubleshooting, Repairing and Improvement
No comments yet.